Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sunday is for Family

I recently found a box of my grandmother's old photos, including many from her childhood on the farm in Frederick, MD.

I cherish these old "picture postcards", as Grandma called them.


Great-Aunts Julia and Klara
~1916~



Reverse side of photo...


Happy Trails,

17 comments:

  1. Hopefully we will see more of these. Wonderful! SH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ms K and Buddy,
    What wonderful treasures you found and in such good condition...
    Have a good day,
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love their dresses...........how beautiful..........
    Pic is in good condition.
    What a treasure indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.. The photo is gorgeous.. It's in such a good condition too!! I don't even know where I was in 1916..
    Thanks for your words if support n encouragement that u left for my mom. Can't tell u how much it means to us during this very difficult period. Bless your kind heart..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always wonder why people didn't smile in their pictures back then??? Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, how fun to have some personal history like that.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you cherish the past. I very much enjoy knowing about people's family stories. As Anonymous says, hope to see more of these.... Have a great Sunday and hugs to Buddy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a treasure trove to discover! I sure hope they have captions on the back! My folks "inherited" a box of photos from my father's parents and only a few had names on the back! He had to scrutinize the faces to recognize anybody!
    I hope you get some rain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fantastic. I hope you share more of them.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Re: Scheduled Posting on Blogger

    What I've been doing is setting the clock ahead on my computer (to England time) and I've changed the blog time to the same. THEN, I just post the next day's posting before I go to bed. It shows up as the correct day. THEN, I change the clock back on my computer to my local time. It's a pain, but it keeps the days right on the postings and I don't have to mess with it first thing in the morning.

    Hope this helps!

    JD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very sweet. Wonderful treasure.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE old photo's like those! They're great Kit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love old photos! These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you, ~K