BULLIES come in all ages

BULLIES come in all ages
(click to see movie trailer)

Surround yourself with positive people,
energy, and situations;
always avoid negativity.

~~~~~~~~~~

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.
So, love the people who treat you right.

Forgive, and then forget about the ones who don't.


Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Only the Strong Survive

I was happy to see this butterfly yesterday. I had spent 45 minutes trying to get it out of the greenhouse Sunday. If I forget to close the screen door, butterflies, birds (including hummers), chipmunks, and all kinds of critters get in the greenhouse. This spicebush swallowtail injured itself when it got stuck between pieces of shade cloth. I wasn't sure it would survive, missing the lower left wing, but it looked quite content sipping on the butterfly bush.
BTW, the butterfly bushes' dilute nectar is sweetest in the midday sun. Good time to watch for butterflies and an occassional hummer.

ps...I was asked if I took the picture of the Queen Ann's Lace from yesterday's post. Yes, I took the picture in the backyard with my trusty Nikon Coolpix.

No comments: