BULLIES come in all ages

BULLIES come in all ages
(click to see movie trailer)

Surround yourself with positive people,
energy, and situations;
always avoid negativity.

~~~~~~~~~~

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.
So, love the people who treat you right.

Forgive, and then forget about the ones who don't.


Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Daddy's Santa Mugs

I haven't been able to get in the Holiday mood this year. I think the Holidays are difficult for many of us as we remember Christmases past and loved ones who are no longer with us. This year has been particularly hard.


I did continue one tradition this year, displaying Daddy's Santa mugs set. Daddy made these adorable Santa pitcher and mugs in 1963, when we were stationed in Albany, GA. I remember one year he served beer to all his "Jarhead" buddies in the Santa mugs-good memories.


HO! HO! HO!




A couple of weeks ago someone sent me an e-mail inquiring about the picture over our mantle. Sorry it took me so long to repond. We bought it while on a camping trip to Newfoundland several years ago.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to still have those ceramic creations your dad made after all these years. I know they mean allot to you. I also have a ceramic piece that was made in Albany! I think our dads must of been buddies then. :)
CRS

Ms. ~K said...

Our dads and moms were best of buddies, as we were/are....
Hugs,
K

Kathy said...

What a great painting over the mantle and it looks just like the unique lighthouse in Cape Spear!
We were there in July, 2006 when a "Nor'easter" came through and if felt more like January!!! I was totally bummed out because that was the day we were suppose to go to Puffin Island to see all of the baby Atlantic Puffins!! Oh well, we will just have to do that next time!

Which year did you go camping there?!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE those mugs. You can tell they have such personalities and memories attached.
Janet