BULLIES come in all ages

BULLIES come in all ages
(click to see movie trailer)

Surround yourself with positive people,
energy, and situations;
always avoid negativity.

~~~~~~~~~~

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.
So, love the people who treat you right.

Forgive, and then forget about the ones who don't.


Monday, December 1, 2008

Severe Weather Alert




Can you believe it? The possibility of a couple inches of snow in North Georgia warrants a Severe Weather Alert. We're having some light flurries this morning, but no accumulation.


No matter, the mere mention of snow makes us crazy. Case in point, 2 school systems have closed for the day due to "SNOW"...


I spent 18 years in a classroom with no windows. It helped keep the kids (and teacher) calmer on days like today. I'm just happy to be retired, so I can spend the day watching the snow fly.

As you can see, I didn't even have time to take down my turkey banner before the snow started to fly this morning. We've had a pretty dusting.
Does anyone else find it interesting that Sarah Palin and the snow arrived in Georgia on the same day?




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the thing that scares the people of the south is:
1. the slipperyness as SNOT of the snow.
2. the lack of driving on ice and snow very often
3. the psychological thing of the whole #1 and #2 taken together
4. the weather service.

People came and lived and worked in Fbks AK @ Ft. Wainwright and they were fresh from the south - there were more accidents caused by people who really didn't know how to pump their brakes - even nowadays - it helps to pump brakes AS even the new brakes are at times trompted on TOO HARD. I was known as a really good person with the pulsing of my brakes - I remember having someone in my car from the east coast who was AMAZED that on sheer ice I was able to stop my car - B4 the bumper of the car in front. :)

Anonymous said...

I just LOL at your N GA snow event and the schools closing. Too funny but oh so true.
WOnder if the stores ran out of milk, eggs and bread? Never quite figured out why there is a mad rush for those 3 items. I guess there is a lot of French toast being eaten or craved.
I 100% agree with Sassy about if your dog doesn't like someone neither should you!!! Dogs and children are the absolute best judge of character.
Take care Cecilia

Anonymous said...

cool blog