BULLIES come in all ages

BULLIES come in all ages
(click to see movie trailer)

Surround yourself with positive people,
energy, and situations;
always avoid negativity.

~~~~~~~~~~

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.
So, love the people who treat you right.

Forgive, and then forget about the ones who don't.


Monday, December 22, 2008

My First Award

One of my favorite blogs is Sunbonnet Cottage . I can feel Melissa's positive energy and spirit each time I visit.
Sweet Melissa (love that song) has honored me with my FIRST EVER AWARD-The Christmas Spirit Award/Meme.

Hugs to you Melissa.



The rules for this meme are very simple. Good manners dictate thanking (and linking to) the person who gave you the award. Then simply list five things you love about Christmas and pass the meme forward by tagging as many people as you'd like to. To keep the Christmas spirit flowing, be a good sport and tag at least one person.

1. The words of Merry Christmas: Synonymous with "Peace and Goodwill" universally.

2. The Hustle and Bustle: I taught 1st and 2nd grades for 27 years...No place in the world more exciting than a classroom full of 7 year olds the month before Christmas!

3. Time with Family: That's a difficult one for me, as I have no family other than my wonderful husband and the dogs. I am an only child, no children, parents deceased...sounds lonely but my heart is full of love, and "friends are the family you choose."

4. Decorating the Christmas Tree: I just couldn't get into a tree this year. (GO GREEN-really, Go Lazy). But I do have lights and garland on mantle and railings...out of the reach of dog tails.

5. The Comforts of Home: Our home is tucked away in the middle of 29 acres in the North Georgia mountains. Now that we are retired, it's not uncommon for us to "get lost" on our property for days at a time.
I love the warmth of the fire, glow of the lights, aroma of roasting turkey, Mannheim Steamroller in the background, hubby in his recliner, and dogs at my feet. Simply perfect.

So now I pass this award/meme on. I know it's close to Christmas and if you don't have time, don't worry about it...


Ho Ho Ho!
Kit

1. Kelli at Kelli's Blog



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lablady, your blog is so delightful and I picture you more in with the cocktail party rollers than in the middle of those beautiful mountains of north Georgia!
joannruth

Deb said...

Congratulations on your blog award. The Christmas Meme was fun to read & "29 acres in the North Georgia mountains" sounds like paradise :-) especially if you share it with 3 labs (which by the way, are adorable)!! I found your blog today while visiting Melissa's @ sunbonnet cottage.
Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

how can you write a so cool blog,i am watting your new post in the future!