BULLIES come in all ages

BULLIES come in all ages
(click to see movie trailer)

Surround yourself with positive people,
energy, and situations;
always avoid negativity.

~~~~~~~~~~

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.
So, love the people who treat you right.

Forgive, and then forget about the ones who don't.


Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday's Memory-Cesar and Daddy



Cesar Millan

Atlanta Home Show
~March, 2006



Hubby and I arrived at the Atlanta Civic Center 4 hours before Cesar's performance, and were the first ones to purchase tickets. The place was empty as we left for what should have been a quick lunch. When we returned the place was packed and we lost our front row seats. Dog-gone it!

Cesar was warm, friendly, funny, and gracious. He went on stage, wagged his "tail" and then lifted his leg on the artificial tree. After he spoke, he signed autographs for an hour, until his next performance. We were almost to the signing table when it was time for him to take the stage again. He promised to continue signing autographs after the second appearance. We had a 2 hour drive ahead of us, and needed to get home to the dogs. I was very disappointed, but a very nice lady in front of me in line, offered to take the photo I had brought and have Cesar sign it, and then mail it to me.


Aren't "Doggie People" just the best?

(This was BB-Before Buddy)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



RIP, Daddy

(Cesar's Right-hand Doggie)













26 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Thanks fur sharing a special memory!

That was furry nice of someone to do that with the pikh!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Cocorue said...

i dread logging on sometimes as there's so much sadness these past months....

but it's nice when someone goes out of their way.....i told my sista Tiffy that there are some good hoomans around

have a good week
coco

bellaboo said...

Lovely story.My sister has got tickets to see Cesar in London later this year.She's hoping for some tips as she's training her new border terrier pup!

Bellboo :o)

Suka said...

Too bad you missed out on front row seats, and then missed out on the signing. But what a very kind woman to do that with your picture. Humans that love and respect animals are the kindest, best humans around!

Very nice tribute to Daddy. Very sad to hear of his passing.

Suka

Chester said...

I didn't like it, I LOVED IT!!!

What a wonderful relationship they had! My heart goes out to the Milan family.

Thanks for sharing this!
Chester's Mom ;0=)

Anonymous said...

Neat memory and beautiful autographed pic...BB! SH

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

What a special memory for you - thanks for sharing - I would love to see Ceasar coming down my driveway!! I feel like I could use him about now.

Lynn

kks said...

you lucky dog!! i love Cesar...and Daddy, what can i say...he was one in a million....
xoxo

Dexter said...

I bet I would listen to that Ceasar guy much better than Momma. i can see he has a nice touch. I liked his pit bull because he really showed everybody how sweet those little guys can be.

Slobbers,
Mango

Anonymous said...

You can see love in the eyes of a dog. Daddy must have been a special dog! That was so nice of a stranger to help you out the way she did. People can be special, too!

Liz

My Mind's Eye said...

How wonderful you met the dog whisper!! I love his show....
Did I hearing that Daddy died? The last new show of his I watched he was selecting a few new dogs for his pack saying it was time for Daddy to rest. When did he die?
Madi and Mom

Unknown said...

Super tribute!

Kathy said...

What a sweet lady to get you Cesar's autograph and REALLY mail it to you!!

Cyber hugs to her for doing that for you!

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Wondeful personal story!! Thanks sooooo much for sharing it!

Remington said...

Thank you so much for sharing.

Rachel said...

You are very lucky to have seen Cesar in person. I wonder how the other dogs in his pack are reacting to Daddy's loss....

Olive said...

awww....how wonderful you saw him! Nice that woman did that too... have to love dog people :)

We were so sad to hear about Daddy..he was a beautiful do...

Licks to you..

Olive

Smushie Ranch said...

What a nice lady! I would have done that for you too K. :)

I feel so sad for Cesar and for the many life's that Daddy has touched. He'll be sorely missed.

Hugs,
Shannon

♥I am Holly♥ said...

That had to be a wonderful experience seeing him in person.

That is so sad about "Daddy". A beautiful tribute.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

What a great memory!!! THANKS for sharing--I also enjoyed the picture of your Mom on Sunday!

Anonymous said...

I liked Daddy too. RIP

Bobby said...

Yes it is nice when someone does something kind.
That is great to see Cesar.

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Kit did you see any sadness in Daddy's eyes???
I think I could!!!!
He lived a very long life. Thanks for sharing.

Kiss the kids, Bambi & Fern

Unknown said...

Yes, dog people are truly special. I'm sorry, I just couldn't watch the video. Too many losses recently and I was a huge (okay, tiny) Daddy fan.
Twinkie

Unknown said...

Oh man... you were so close so close. Daddy will truly be missed.
norwood

Ina in Alaska said...

Hi Kit! I am late to the blogs today, was so busy this is the first chance I had to visit. I too loved Daddy, he had a great life and was a great partner to Cesar Milan. I too saw Cesar in Newark NJ in 2008. He gave a great lecture and was very personable too. xoxo