BULLIES come in all ages

BULLIES come in all ages
(click to see movie trailer)

Surround yourself with positive people,
energy, and situations;
always avoid negativity.

~~~~~~~~~~

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.
So, love the people who treat you right.

Forgive, and then forget about the ones who don't.


Thursday, May 7, 2009

Church Mouse


When I retired 4 years ago, I received this pretty church birdhouse from my colleagues. I have it on the screened porch so the squirrels can't destroy it.


Yesterday, I was sitting on the porch when I noticed a little, whiskery face peeking out from one of the holes.



Hello there, Little Mouse



I'm happy to report that Church Mouse was removed from his sanctuary, unharmed and carrying his little Bible.
I pointed him in the direction of a nearby church and hopefully he arrived in time for Wednesday evening services.
As Liz commented, "He was saved!"




Happy Trails,

13 comments:

Ina in Alaska said...

That is very cute but I am amazed at your ability to stay cool and collected enough to photograph what must have been a very surprising visitor!!! Glad the church mouse was successfully relocated!

Anonymous said...

You brave thing..........I'd of been screaming..........on top of a table.................in a whole nother room.............YIKES!!!!

Vicki

Elizabeth Bergesen said...

Very cute! Hope the little mouse can find another nice home. I like your Singer sewing machine too.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kit,
What a sight that must have been...how did you keep from squealing???? I guess it was the days as a k-teacher and all the little critters you had in your class room. How in the world did you get him directed to the correct 'church' in a timely fashion?
I have a sewing machine just like in your picture. It was my grannies...my sil made me a beautiful top for it too. It sits in my dining room. Cecilia

Anonymous said...

Adorable! He was "saved"!

Shelley said...

That is just so darn cute w/ him peeking his head out of that bird house! I'm sure it made a lovely home for him - temporarily! LOL!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute. My cat would of liked to play with church mouse. How did you ever catch it? CRS

Dudley said...

How very sweet!

Nibbles Treats said...

What a great story! Actually, he had found the perfect home, too bad it was inside yours!

Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

Anonymous said...

AWWW...... So glad to hear he was "saved". Great pic to blow up and put somewhere as a conversation starter. I just may "steal" it!
Gloria

Anonymous said...

And how nice that he(or she) stayed long enough for you to snap the pictures before setting off to hunt for new lodgings.

Bette

Deb said...

That little mouse had good taste in homes!

heidi said...

That is too cute of a story and its true!! Oh my goodness my heart would have been up in my throat but I'd still have been calm enough to shoo him/her off. I'm laughing at the same time too cause it must have been slightly funny...you kept the house safe from the squirrel but the mouse somehow found its way in.