BULLIES come in all ages

BULLIES come in all ages
(click to see movie trailer)

Surround yourself with positive people,
energy, and situations;
always avoid negativity.

~~~~~~~~~~

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.
So, love the people who treat you right.

Forgive, and then forget about the ones who don't.


Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Getting Ready for Holidays

I love this time of year. It was always an exciting time in the classroom. I enjoyed teaching units on Thankfulness and Friendship in November. That was one of the wonderful things about teaching; it was my job to teach morals, values, the things that really matter in life-not just the 3 R's.
I found it difficult not to be thankful and friendly myself, spending the day discussing such topics with a bunch of eager first graders. And believe me, they are watching us, their role models, very closely.
I do miss the classroom sometimes, but then....

it's nice to be retired too. There's never a dull moment around here. It took me forever to hang this swag this morning. I only used one, teeny-tiny, white nail and you can't even see it...stop looking!

Speaking of Thankfulness, just a reminder (again)...If you are an Arctic Cam fan, please send them a card (any kind) telling them how much you enjoy their site. A fan of AC suggested this several weeks ago and the Newsminer has commented on how much they appreciate the cards.

Mailing address:

Fairbanks Daily News-Miner, P.O. Box 70710 Fairbanks, Alaska 99707-0710

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Wonderful Wordless Wednesday, Kit!

I like the swag above the door!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

I read your comments often on the Arctic Cam. This is the first time to come to your site. I lived in Fairbanks for 20 years and now I'm in Florida. Living the hectic life (and not liking it much). I'm so appreciative of your life - it looks wonderful. I would like to slow down enough to be right there with you. My husband and I are hoping to buy something in Kenai for our retirements years - keep your fingers crossed.

Ms. ~K said...

Thanks for stopping by...
K

Anonymous said...

its not in the middle