BULLIES come in all ages

BULLIES come in all ages
(click to see movie trailer)

Surround yourself with positive people,
energy, and situations;
always avoid negativity.

~~~~~~~~~~

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.
So, love the people who treat you right.

Forgive, and then forget about the ones who don't.


Monday, November 24, 2008

I am Thankful

When I taught first grade, Thanksgiving was one of my favorite holidays. Teaching the concept of "Thankfulness" is not as easy as one might think. Six year olds tend to be thankful for "things" (toys, pizza, soccer, etc). I believe it can take a lifetime to truly appreciate the meaning of "thankfulness".

If one could only learn to appreciate the little things...A song that takes you away, for there are those who cannot hear.The beauty of a sunset, for there are those who cannot see.The warmth and safety of your home, for there are those who are homeless.Time spent with good friends for there are those who are lonely.A walk along the beach for there are those who cannot walk.The little things are what life is all about.Search your soul and learn to appreciate.--Shadi Souferian





4 comments:

MaryBeth said...

We've made lots of hand turkeys over the last week or so, and without fail when I ask my girls about what they are thankful for they always start out their lists with people. Kate always says "my aunt Kari", Maggie usually mentions her Mimi, and Sarah and Ella each give a long, long list. I hope that their "things they are thankful for" will never be things!!

Anonymous said...

Kit,
I am thankful for your friendship.
Janet

Ms. ~K said...

J,
Thank you...and you know I feel the same.
K

Anonymous said...

lol,so nice