BULLIES come in all ages

BULLIES come in all ages
(click to see movie trailer)

Surround yourself with positive people,
energy, and situations;
always avoid negativity.

~~~~~~~~~~

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.
So, love the people who treat you right.

Forgive, and then forget about the ones who don't.


Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Anchorage Webcam

This is a cool site to watch the preparations for Saturday's Ceremonial Start of Iditarod 2010.

Enlarge the photo, find red arrow in lower left hand corner.
That's me at last year's Ceremonial Start.



My friend, Jan (above), is an Idita-Rider and gets VIP Passes each year, pretty cool, huh? That means we're inside the fences, with the dog teams, where all the action is! Jan has ridden with Lance Mackey three times, last year she rode with Harry Alexie , and this year she will ride with Newton Marshall. Newton is a rookie from Jamaica (Mush Mon!) who has been training with Lance. One of Newton's sponsors is Jimmy Buffett, from Margaritaville fame. Sure would be cool if Jimmy showed up this year!

I wasn't supposed to be as far out in front as I was in the photo, but I innocently wandered off. When a nice man asked me to move back, behind the official start banner, I realized where I was and replied, pouring on my sweetest Southern charm, "Oh excuse me, Sir...Am I not allowed to be here?" He smiled at me like I was Forrest Gump and I stayed a little longer.

This year, I'll have my own inside pass, as a dog handler volunteer.


Happy Trails,

29 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

*SIGH!*


Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Emma Rose said...

It all looks and sounds so exciting. I hope you have a wonderful time and bring back lot's of pictures!

Kisses,
Emma Rose

Kate said...

Very cool!

I bet the dogs will love all the interesting smells that come home!

Koda

Suka said...

What a great adventure! I bet the atmosphere is so electric and exciting right now. That is cool that you have passes to be inside with the dogs and where are all the action takes place. Mush on!

By the way, that is a great story of you using your Southern Charm!

K and Suka

Smushie Ranch said...

Thanks! We'll be thinking about you!

Love,
Shannon and the Gang

Hi! I'm Sierra-Dog! said...

WOW! This is SO COOL! Your famous! And southern charms work every time- way to work it girl! =)
Sierra-dog

bea's blog said...

Oh lucky you - this would be my dream!!!
Follow it here in Germany by webcam and reports.
~.*.~
Beatrice

Sonic said...

Hahahaha! What's a Southern Charm and how can I learn it?

Sonic

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Have fun and know there are a lot of envious people waiting for your return in Bloglandia.

Lynn

Dexter said...

Hehehe! Momma says that lost innocent stuff works for her too. Especially with all her gray hairs. You humans are quite devious.

Slobbers,
Mango

My Mind's Eye said...

Mush on to Alaska and remember you are enjoying it for all of us who cannot go so you should have a BARREL of FUN. GREAT pictures!!! Give all those sweet dogs lots of hugs too
Madi and Mom

Maxmom said...

So wish I was there. Look after yourself and send our love to all "OUR" mates :)
Lotsalicks
MAXDOG IN SOUTH AFRICA

Anonymous said...

Have fun!!

Liz

Ruby's Raiser said...

Awesome, have a great time and please take lots of pictures! Can't wait to see your next post...

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

This is soooo very much exciting. I would like it too... if they held it in Hawaii.

Unknown said...

Just got that site already yesterday, in order to "see" you! I am learning my "southern charm". It is fun! I know you will have a blast again!!!

Anonymous said...

You go, girl! That southern accent works like a charm when delivered correctly...honey oozing! SH

Ina in Alaska said...

It needs to get colder! Temps this week are in the mid to high 30's which does not make for great snow! KTUU (our local TV station) did a great piece on Monday about the Jamaican musher. If anyone wants to check it out, go to KTUU.com

Remington said...

How cool -- wish we could be there! Take lots of pics!

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Yes I agree with Lynn, we will be counting the days and watching TV for news of the race. Waiting for you to be back in blogland with pictures and tales.
You are not going to take your laptop? Have fun and be careful and don't hurt yourself!!! Mama wants you home safe.
Kiss the kids for me, Bambi & Fern

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh I'm so jealous Kit.... SO--you are going to the dog races??? I hadn't realized where you were going in Alaska and that you had gone last year. What a great opportunity... Enjoy your 'volunteer' job.. That is so neat. Those dogs are gorgeous.. Bet yours --at home--will be jealous!!!!

Have fun.
Hugs,
Betsy

♥I am Holly♥ said...

That is just so very exciting!!! I've never been there but I'm counting on you to have fun for all of us!! Really...enjoy your stay, pour on the southern charm when necessary!!!! I can't wait to see the pictures!!!! Lots and lots of love, Debbie and Hollypup

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Have a blast Mrs. K!! We hope that you get to see Jimmy Buffet!! Mama and Daddy are crazy Parrotheads!

Smileys!
Dory

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having a great time. Isn't Alaska the best?! Good luck with your work as a handler.

Unknown said...

Woo, we got the inside pass! Cool, cause when I saw you (if you say so) in the photo, I was wondering how you got this close. Have a ball!!!
Twink!

How Sam Sees It said...

I am so jealous of you! Although, I think Sam would like to be a VIP rider too!

Sam

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Wish we were there:( Have just a wonderful time.

Woos, Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Golden Samantha said...

Oh how marvellous to have those VIP passes and be an actual dog handler!!! BTW, LOVE Jimmy B!!! Have a wonderful time!
Hugs xo
Sammie and Mom

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

Hope you're having a great time!!

Woofs and Kisses!