BULLIES come in all ages

BULLIES come in all ages
(click to see movie trailer)

Surround yourself with positive people,
energy, and situations;
always avoid negativity.

~~~~~~~~~~

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.
So, love the people who treat you right.

Forgive, and then forget about the ones who don't.


Thursday, January 8, 2009

I Would Love Teaching If

My hubby is an amateur astronomer and frequently teaches astronomy classes for local schools. (That's how we met).
Teaching was not his profession, as it was mine.

He taught a group of kids this evening, grades K-8. He did a whole group program, followed by taking smaller groups into a portable planetarium called Star Lab. A portable planetarium is nothing more than a huge "Jiffy-Pop" shaped balloon which is inflated by a huge fan. Constellations and other sky objects are projected on the inside of the balloon using different illuminated cylinders.



Imagine being in this huge balloon with 50 first graders...right after a chili lunch.
My fellow teachers joked that the only reason I married Hubby is so I would never again have to set foot in Star Lab. (I'm not laughing).

He came home tonight and I could tell it had not gone well.
He sat down and said, "You know, I would love teaching if I had only 5 kids who were really interested in what I was saying!"

I'm still smiling...

I'll think of that comment while I'm on the treadmill having my stress test tomorrow. chuckle





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can feel his pain. One of the reasons I didn't mind giving up teaching literature to teach skating. Somehow those 11th graders were just not as excited about Emerson and Thoreau and Whitman as I was! Imagine that. I certainly didn't want my love of good literature to be ruined.
Janet

Anonymous said...

Hey LabLady, I visited your blog. Thank you! How wonderful and humorous too! Your dogs are beautiful. My dog finally passed away about a year ago. He was 15. We got him shortly after we moved to North Pole. He was an Akita, German Shepherd, Wolf mix. 150 lbs. He was awesome with the kids and just alot of fun.

sandyinalaska

Ms. ~K said...

Sandy,
I am so sorry...
Hope this helps:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm
LL

Anonymous said...

I read the poem, how beautiful. Thank you for sharing that. I really do strongly believe that animals do go to heaven, I also believe that they will have the ability to talk which I believe they had in the Garden of Eden. (Eve didn't seem surprised when the serpent talked to her - he was an animal but just being used by evil, which he let happen). All of the Native American religions believe that the animals at one time could talk and they also believe in a great flood. And in the Bible Romans 8:19-23 talks about the animals going to heaven. I don't know what your spiritual beliefs are but I just thought I'd share what I believe along the lines of that wonderful poem. I so look forward to being reunited with all my animal (and human) friends and my son, brother and other family members - it will truly be a time of rejoicing!
sandyinalaska

Kathy said...

Wow, you would think kids would respond with "hey cool!" to a Star Lab!
My Uncle, a retired professor from Orange Coast College would totally agree with your hubby! :-)
Kathy